Sunday, November 20, 2011

" DRESSING UP FOR CHRISTMAS "



Christmas is upon us and it's time to think about what I'll wear for Christmas Dinner.... Maybe I'll don something oriental ....


AH.... the glamour of the orient.... Japanese love fine fabrics, ornamentation and dressing up. I found it especially thrilling to observe the various costumes and clothing designs.

Their fashion flare has been culturally preserved for centuries through the iconic Geishas and Warlords.... While visiting Kumomoto Castle, I couldn't help but notice the guard ,traditionally dressed while guarding the entrance to the Castle.

I just had to snap this picture of a young modern Japanese girl walking in the palace grounds. It's a new millenium of fashion in Japanese as East meets West and mingles.


Often I sit at the shopping mall sipping a a latte at Star Bucks marvelling at the artistic layering of design that defines that there is a multicultural adjustment happening in the Asian fashion industy. I love people watching here ( Ha Ha)
And I love window shopping at the Osaka Hotel where they display the most beautiful gowns for Weddings, Christmas parties and celebrations. They're all gorgeous and very frilly. Wouldn't you love to wear this dress... AH ... if only we were all a tiny size 5...

Still it's nice dream about.. especially during the festive season ... While I have been away for sometime...I am now back blogging with a renewed spirit .... Thank You to all my wonderful faithful Followers... I will look forward to sharing with you again soon.

Wishing you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

2 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Zaa,

Funny what young people can wear... Great to read about you snapping that picture at the Palace grounds. I've been there in July of 2007, fond memories of my visit with sister-city Osaki City in the Myagi Prefecture.
Wishing you all the best for the year and sending you love,

Mariette

Karen Paul-Burges said...

The red dress is soooooo lovely! This photograph is beatiful!