Sunday, January 30, 2011

" THE CAT'S MEOW"

DO you have a passion for Cats?  Oriental Cats are known for their intense interest in everyday human activities .  I see ten to twenty of them  lined up  every morning along the garden walls outside of the park.

It's no wonder that the Maiko Cat  is seen and admired in every store and house in Japan.
This feline has become an important  part of their mysterious and exotic culture. ... So it's very hard not to fall inlove with  such a sweet, animated  image.

I must admit, that I'm  under the Maiko Cat spell ...  admiring, collecting and even drawing this  feline character . Folktales say that this  little paw waving cat  is gook luck . That's a fabulous reason to have a few of them  sitting around your house ...Right !!!!

For those of you who read my last post .... Just incase you're interested ....  I bought the handmade Wallclock Cat ( below) with the moving tail .  My husband bought me the  handmade ceramic Black Cat ( below) for my Birthday and of course , my friend, shower me with Maiko " good luck " gifts....  Collecting  has become quite the Cat's Meow .( Ha Ha)

3 comments:

DollZandThingZ said...

You got the wall cat!! Happy Birthday--love your gifts!!

Mari said...

HELLO AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY~THOSE ARE SOME REALLY ADORABLE CATS :)

XO~MARI

Zaa said...

Thank you lovely ladies ..xoxox