Monday, August 17, 2009

THE POET

Pottery Hunting...Yes I'm fanatical about artists and their artistry... Last week-end we travelled just outside Yufuin, where I knew there was a great gathering of open market antiques. Come rain or some shine , the pots withstand the weather, in the humidy of a Japanese summer. Needless to say, I was lanquishing amid the rainy mist that was falling. Much to my dismay, I was really, too hot, to appreciate the kalidescope of beautiful pottery that lay before me.

Into the dust ridden shop I went, sneezing and wheezing into every corner and platform of the antique shanty . Goodness, there was a millenium of rare collectibles, too many to even see past, into the sunlight. Really I wanted to sit amongst them and revel in all the treasures, but heat exhaustion dictated...." "Get ye into an air conditioned car". Yes ma'am I replied and stepped out the door.

"Wait a minute ", called a little voice..."Just wait one minute"! I hestitated, turned, looked in both directions and THEN gazed down to the earthen floor... BEHOLD ... a beautiful poet, handpainted on glass, lay peeking out from amongst a pile of old papers and debris. It was love at first sight !!! She, was an early 1900 piece of art, just waiting to write a haiku for the new world ... Lucky Me !!!

Personally, I'm just loving the ZaaArt of her presence. It's sort of an East meets West connection ...Deja vu. ... I'll buy the pottery next time!!!!


9 comments:

DollZandThingZ said...

With so many choices, I would be lost. I love the treasure that you found and how you found it!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Zaa said...

Thanks for the kind visit..Please come again.
Hugs
Roslind

Sandra Foster said...

Hi Roslind. You will always remember that experience attached to that picture. Will you reframe it or leave as is? Sandra

Zaa said...

Actually Sandra..It's a wooden trinket box with a glass painted insert..Really quite lovely... Yes..I do think it was meant for me ( Ha Ha)Love things with a story.
Thanks for the visit.
Hugs
Roslind

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

She is beautiful! What a treasure you have found! Wonderful Roslind.

Zaa said...

Thanks Sharon ...Happy to hear from you.
Hugs
Roslind

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh what fun! And you found a lovely little delight too! Such a lovely blog post.

Zaa said...

Thank you Holly ..Yes I'm very grateful to have found it... Please do come again , my friend.
Hugs
Roslind

Lily Young Art said...

Wow! I want to buy those jars and bowls :)