Friday, January 9, 2009

WASHI BABY

It's the first class of the year and of course I had to create the New Years' Baby. I've called her 'Rini" meaning " little bunny " in the Japanese language." Oh rabbit on the moon, What are you leaping for? I shall leap, I shall leap soon, at the large full moon". ( http://www.mamamlisa.com/)
Yes, I sing when I create. Tra-La-La... but, I just couldn't help noticing, that this little dolly seemed to be crawling all over the place, getting stuck in the glue, rolled up in the cottons strips and tangled in the wire, which was a hefty 20 guage. So, I stopped singing and concentrated on the work at hand. ( Focus)Creating Baby was a challenge with all the teeny, tiny poses to chose from. I bent the wire this way and that way, crushing the washi garment to feel and see some authentic form. However, this little cherub was really testing me, but don't all children. They're all basically, a divine work of art in one form or another. Rini was no different.There seemed to be alot of giggling, ooing and cooing going on as this tiny spirit evolved and was transformed into an ( almost live) Washi baby.Suddenly, I started to laugh... because, the best thing about this wee one, is ZaaArt of not having to change diapers. She's already potty trained.. So , I call her my " Miracle Baby".

8 comments:

Lily Young Art said...

Wow! She's a beauty :)

Polly said...

The doll is stunning, I love how dynamic but graceful it looks.

Zaa said...

Thanks you Lily..I always value your comments.

Zaa said...

Thanks for the visit Polly.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

What Beautiful work! She is truly a wonder!

Zaa said...

Appreciate the visit Sharon..Thanks

Pattie said...

Just popped in to see your latest creation,WOW I didnt relise such a lot of work went into your dollies !!This is certainly a work of ART !beautiful beautiful work,I,m going back for another look lol xxx

Lisa Kettell said...

Your Washi Baby is beautiful, I love it! Like everything you do!

XO!
Lisa!