Friday, November 28, 2008

ZaaArt Bow




This is Sakura, my latest Paperdoll with a twist, in her obi. Instead of making the conventional Kimono, I decided to venture in to the realm of east meets west. Sakura's obi looks more like a couture design from the ZaaArts' fashion world... A bow instead of an obi ... How does that work?
There are many rules that govern the wear of a Japanese kimono and obi. I humbly apologize to those purist in the name of ' Creativity" . I just can't seem to follow conventional rules all the time. But as you can see Sakura is very gracious and the ZaaArt couture Bow does wonders for her ever evolving image. I personally like it.

Some two hundred rules were at one time established for the kimono, dictating such things as combinations of colors. Even today, only certain colors are considered acceptable for certain times of the year depending upon the season. While all these purist rules have turned many people off, there is a new movement to re-introduce the Kimono as regular wear. That means making the kimono and obi more wearer friendly . So, I quess ZaaArt Bow may be acceptable after all.






No comments: