Sunday, November 23, 2008

Playing With Washi

This is Keiko, my latest creation. I'm so pleased with her and funnily enough, her ball... I had so much fun, tearing, rolling and compressing the cotton into a circle. It took me, nearly thirty minutes of playing around with that little old ball of cotton. The colored washi strips were pre-cut earlier and then were carefully positioned around it . I then, sealed the colored edges with a tiny dot of gold, washi paper. It's all the little embellishments that take the time and are the most fun to create. Keiko is dressed in a traditional Kimono basically the same as an adult's Kimono, except that it is perhaps more colorful. She wears her hair in a traditional bob and is ready for her first Girl's Day Celebration in March. ZaaArt of growing up!

No comments: